Wish List

Friday, June 22, 2018

Being thirteen is awesome, right?

I sure hope my grandson Max's 13th year is super awesome. This is the card I made for him:


I had a designed a card very similar to this one on my Silhouette a couple of years ago. When I decided to make one for Max, I went looking for the file, and it was gone. Maybe I somehow deleted it when I got a new computer, or maybe my memory is faulty (very likely), and I never really did save it.

Anyway, I went to work and designed another one. The "Awesome" stamp (no packaging, so not sure of brand) was heat-embossed, fussy-cut and popped up on foam tape. This time I also added a few enamel dots, just for a bit of color.


The inside sentiment was printed out with a sketch pen and my Silhouette. Easy, peasy.

We now have five (soon to be six) grandchildren who are 13 or older. I can hardly believe it!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cute card for a teen. Love the sentiment. Those super big numbers grab your attention right away.. Did you notice that the profile of the card also looks like a B?

Lynne in NI said...

A perfect card for a new teen Cheryl, love the shaped edge. I find it so difficult to make cards for teenage boys so yours is a great idea.

Lynette said...

I love all your new cards, Cheryl! Great themes and pretty paper, and a wonderful card for your grandson. (I'm just catching up after being gone for a few days. Hope you had/are having a great vacation!)

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is just perfect for a new teen Cheryl! Love the colour combo! Sorry I haven't been around much of late, I don't know where all the time goes? Have a lovely Sunday my friend! Hazel xx

Glittered Paws said...

What a great card for a 13 year old - and love the shape of the card to go with the 13.