Wish List

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Li'l chick Easter card...

I made this "li'l chick" Easter card recently, using an assortment of dies. The curvy scalloped edge die is by Spellbinders, the tiny butterfly is a Fiskars punch and the grass and chick (with eggshell) are unbranded dies. My sentiment is a clear stamp from My Sentiments Exactly.


I just love this goofy little chick with the eggshell on his head.

As you can see, I've inked him and the eggshell around the edges to give them a bit more definition.

I probably should have used a beige/light brown ink on the egg shell for a more realistic look. Next time...




I only stamped a sentiment on the inside. In looking at this picture, it seems kind of plain, so I think I'll go back and add a couple of those little butterflies.

When I photograph my cards, it seems I almost always find something I should change or correct.

This card definitely says "SPRING!", and I am so looking forward to warm, balmy breezes and bright sunshine.

It's always exciting to see the first spring flowers poke their tender leaves through the ground. I especially love when my peonies bloom. They're such big, bold, luxurious blooms. I always try to bring a bouquet or two into the house, being careful to remove all the ants first! Peonies have some green scale-like structures that protect the blossoms as they begin to form. These scales have a gland called a nectary along the edges which produce nectar. Ants LOVE this nectar and swarm all over the buds before they open. The ants do some good though, while they are feasting on the nectar--they also devour insects that are attacking the plant.

I've been making some simple Easter cards to sell at the thrift shop. I've made a dozen so far and will share some of them with you soon.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute Easter card Cheryl! That chick is darling! So fun and cheerful!

Lynette said...

Oh how cute! I love your little chick. Thanks for the explanation of why peonies always have so many ants!

Glittered Paws said...

This little chick made me smile, what an adorable die. Love your curved die.
I feel spring - my day lilies are up but we are forecast for snow tonight.
Last two weekends it has been rain - as in toad stranglers. As in in the finished basement - (where we spend most of our time). Has been a real challenge. Then I tripped over the hearth rug and fell into the wood stove - HOT - right hand burned, right ear. Could have been worse, so my crafting has been on hold this past week.

Lynne in NI said...

Heeee what a sweet little chick, love your fancy border too!!
I love peonies too, I've always meant to get one for our garden. I've a bit of a re-dig planned for summer (if the ground ever gets dry enough to walk on!) so we'll see :)

designbydonna said...

So cute! That chick will cheer up anyone.

Hannelie said...

Haha that chick is so cute! Love the polka dots too!