Wish List

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Fun with Twofer Card Challenge #3...



I am just under the wire in joining this month's Twofer Card Challenge. I really like this challenge. I usually make just one card at a time, and this challenge gets me to think about making two cards using the same stamp or die.

Here are my cards for the challenge:


I chose to use an unbranded flower die on both cards.


For my first card, I colored the die-cut with a shade darker Promarker and then backed it with the same cardstock (but I didn't color this piece). I cut out a few leaves that were as close as I could come to the leaves in my DSP. I also colored the stamens white to echo the colors of the larger flower in the DSP.

I had trouble coming up with a sentiment for the front of my card. I wanted this to be a Mother's Day card, but none of my "Happy Mother's Day" stamps seemed right. Since the only person I would send this to is one of my aunts, I decided that a "Thinking of You" stamp was appropriate. Then I put a Mother's Day greeting on the inside.


I dressed up the inside with a strip of my DSP and a scalloped piece of my deep pink cardstock.



















For my second card, I cut the same flower out of three colorful scraps of cardstock. I also cut a tiny scalloped edge to finish off my white strip. 

Do you think I should add some enamel dots or flat-backed gems? I couldn't make up my mind about that, so I left it plain.

I left the inside of this card plain, too, except for the stamped sentiment.

If you'd like to join in the fun over at the Twofer Card Challenge Blog, you've got just a couple of days. But we all work better under a little pressure, don't we?

For the next 10 days, I am taking care of my daughter's dog and three cats while she and her family are on vacation in Costa Rica. As I type this, Willie (the dog) is sitting on the arm of the sofa (he's a Chihuahua) and watching me. I think he wants me to finish up soon so I can pay more attention to him!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

7 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a beautiful die and you used that floral design so well on both of your cards. I really like the layout on the first one with the diagonal designer paper insert. And, the other one is so lovely with all the flowers in a row. Thanks so much for joining the Twofer Challenge #3.

Lynette said...

Both of these cards are so pretty, Cheryl! I especially like the one with the patterned paper panel - very cool! Enjoy your pets!

designbydonna said...

Beautiful flower cards. I love that idea of backing the flower with the solid color. Have fun pet sitting. I have been to Cost Rica. Beautiful place.

Darnell said...

Eep! Cheryl, I LOVE the design on your Mother's Day card! (And so sweet to send your Aunties a card on Mother's Day!) What a spectacular way to use pp and I love that you carried a snippet to the inside of your card!! I'm saving this one in my to-CASE folder. I love the pattern and colors and how you perfectly mimicked your blossom to the pp flowers!

And your birthday card design is a classic design beauty! I love the bright bold blue you used to make the flowers pop! As for gems, maybe three little ones in a triangle over the "py" in Happy? It looks fantastic as it is! Thank you so much for playing along at Twofer Card Challenge #3, my friend! Enjoy the pet-sitting!! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Such a pretty blossom for your lovely duo, Cheryl! That blue is deliciously bold and vibrant ... a fabulous background for those delicate die cuts ... brilliant just as it is, without bling! Wonderful use of the die with that delicious swoosh of beautiful pp ... love how you've made your single flower posy match the leaves and blossoms on it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Glittered Paws said...

I love twofers and they are becoming more popular each week. Love your flower die - made two beautiful cards.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Bright, cheery and beautiful! Have a lovely day my friend! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic