Wish List

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Floral Christmas cards...

I love my big Darice poinsettia die set, and have used it to make a few of my Christmas cards this year. Here are two that feature it:

My first card has a nice rich red poinsettia on it, and I used an unbranded die which cuts an open grid for added interest. The poinsettia die was cut and dry-embossed to reveal the veins on each petal and leaf. The "merriest wishes" sentiment (unbranded) was heat embossed with some gold embossing powder.


I used some gold micro beads for my flower center, adhering them with glossy accents.













On the inside of my card, I added a sentiment and a little row of poinsettias, stamped and colored with ProMarkers, across the bottom.

For this card, I used a much darker red cardstock for my poinsettia. I also added a ribbon and bow across the top instead of the die-cut open grid and changed the sentiment.


For both my flowers, I shaped the leaves just a little bit to give them more dimension. I'm quite certain they arrived at their destinations pretty flat, though, after going through the mail sorting machines at the Post Office!










I used the same treatment on the inside of this card. The only thing I changed was the color of my poinsettias.

I finished up my gift-wrapping today, and feel really good about that! I had made such a MESS in one of the spare bedrooms with all my gift-wrapping paraphernalia. I'm so glad to get it cleaned up and put away.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh-- a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

The poinsettias are so pretty. They look real. Lovely on cards. Feels good to mark of those tasks one by one.

Glittered Paws said...

I recently got a poinsettia die with cutting and then embossing folder and oh my aren't they fun to work with. Love your tiny micro beads in the center, I just picked some of these up last week at our little stamping store. What kind of glue did you use on the micro beads??

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Cheryl! What gorgeous cards! Love the pretty poinsettias inside and out!

Darnell said...

These are so elegant, rich, and dazzling to the eyes, Cheryl! I must get that die! I have a few gorgeous poinsettia stamps, but no die and you've enabled me to know which one to get!! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell