Wish List

Sunday, December 17, 2017

Big snowflake card...

This pretty snowflake was cut with a Darice die. It's wonderfully big, so you don't need much else to decorate your card!

The aqua background with what looks like stitched swirls on it was cut with an unbranded die that I got online. Isn't it pretty? It adds a little interest, but doesn't detract from whatever else is on the card.

My little banner is also unbranded, and it's been popped up with double-sided foam tape.


I cut my snowflake from some glitter cardstock that doesn't photograph very well. It's really pretty IRL, though. I've added a few gems in the middle that were clear, but I've colored them with an alcohol marker to match my aqua background.













On the inside of my card I stamped a sentiment (Penny Black, I think) and then stamped some snowflakes with Versamark and heat embossed with a clear sparkle embossing powder. Can you see them? They're so subtle, but I think they add a nice touch.

This card was very quick to make. I only made one of them for this year, but I'd like to make a few more for next year.

We are beginning to really look forward to the holiday. My BIL should be here tomorrow night. He'll be staying with us for a couple of weeks, so I'll be a bit distracted during that time. I'll still try to post a few times, but please forgive me if I don't show up on the blog very often. I'm sure you'll all be busy, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh-- a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Love the sparkly snowflake and stitched swirly background! Reminds me of the really cold nights when living in Buffalo when the snow would shimmer like diamonds!

designbydonna said...

Beautiful glittery snowflake. You are right, with that big image you don't need much else. The swirly background image is for the snowflakes flying around. Love the touch of snowflakes inside too. Hope you have fun with all your family. Merry Christmas.

Glittered Paws said...

Love the big sparkly snowflake die and the background is what caught my eye immediately. Love it. Yes these would be easy to mass produce. Have a Merry Christmas.