Wish List

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March Christmas cards and tags...

As I promised (myself) in January, I have made my batch of Christmas cards and tags for March. I'm hoping to ease the Christmas card making job come November and December by making 4-6 cards and tags each month.

This month's card design was VERY simple. I bought a simple tree die during Archiver's going-out-of-business sale. It was one of their "gently used" items so it didn't have the original packaging with it. I'm not even sure what brand it is. The set also included a simple snowflake-type star die - meant for the top of the tree, I think - which I used as a star in the "sky." Here's what my card looks like:

I cut the tree out twice - once from kraft cardstock and once from patterned cardstock at an angle.  I cut the trunk off the patterned tree and then adhered it on top of the kraft cardstock tree so that there was the appearance of a brown trunk. The tree was then adhered to the card front with foam squares. I used my Swiss Dots embossing folder on the green cardstock and added some red stitched ribbon that I've had in my stash for ages.

The star was cut from gold cardstock, and I added some stickles to its points to to coordinate with the gold glittery stripes in the patterned paper.




The inside is pretty simple. I happen to have a small stamp that was very similar to the star on the front of the card, so I stamped some at random on the inside, too.









These cards were so quick to make that I actually got six of them done in a very short time.

Last month, I had so much fun making tags from kraft cardstock using a Hero Arts house stamp and matching die, that I decided to make some more. This time, however, I used white cardstock and colored them in pastel colors, using my ProMarkers.
The two "candy trees" on either side of the houses were popped up on foam squares, and I used my Marvy Uchida Snow marker to add snow on the roof and bushes. While the snow was still wet, I sprinkled it heavily with glitter and let it dry. Once dry, I used my heat gun to puff up the snow.

Here's a side view :

You can see the candy trees that were popped up on foam squares and the puffiness of the "snow" after it's been heated. It adds such wonderful dimension to these tags.

The back of each tag was stamped with "Merry Christmas" and "To" and "From."


I plan to use these tags with some of the pastel-colored Christmas wrapping that I seem to buy with some regularity. I'm always on the lookout for something other than the usual Christmas colors, so I find myself picking up pale aquas, blues and yellows whenever I see them. These tags will be perfect to use with those papers.

Well that's it for me today. We had real snow here again this morning. Will it ever stop??? I am looking forward to the warm summer months like never before! I sure hope it's warm where you are.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: