Wish List

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Baptism card...

My daughter's nephew on her husband's side was baptized today. He's such a sweet little baby. Since my daughter had to travel 4 hours to come to Minneapolis for the baptism service, I wanted to help her out a bit by making a card for her to give to the happy family. Here's what I came up with:
I used some pale blue textured cardstock for the mats and some pretty embossed paper for the rectangular panel. I used a die to cut the label and it's mat and then ran the top of the label through the Cuttlebug in my Swiss Dots embossing folder.

I looked and looked in my cartridges, trying to find an image of a cross. I came up empty! Then it occurred to me that a "t" can look like a cross, so I checked my Fontopia cartridge and, sure enough, it had a 3-D lowercase "t" that would work perfectly as a cross! I cut the bottom layer of the "t" out of the blue textured cardstock and the top layer out of a pearlized pale blue cardstock. I also ran the top layer of the "t" through my Cuttlebug with one of my embossing folders - can't remember exactly which one, but I know it had a detailed, all-over pattern, which I needed because the cross was pretty narrow.


The inside of the card is pretty simple. The sentiment was computer-generated, and I just added a couple little hearts punched from the same pearlized cardstock I used for the cross.

All in all, I was pretty pleased with how this turned out. I am always amazed at how some images can be used for purposes way beyond their original intention. It's fun to make these "discoveries" and use them successfully.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

That is a sweet card. I love the way you did the crosses. I have a granddaughter having her 1st communion soon. I'll keep this design filed away.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, this is a beautiful card and one of the nicest I have seen. I love the crosses and it was inspiring to find out it was once a lower case "t". Great idea! Keep up the great work. You have a very creative and talented side. pj

Sherry Eckblad said...

Perfect Baptism card and I love what you did to the inside.