Wish List

Monday, October 5, 2026

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #236: Anything Goes or The Colors of Fall (red, yellow, orange, brown - use any or all)...

 

Autumn is such a beautiful season! We once were lucky enough to be traveling in New Hampshire and Vermont in October. Around each new bend in the road, we were confronted with the most spectacular fall colors I have ever seen. It was so beautiful it nearly brought tears to my eyes.

At Let's Craft and Create, we've added a new challenge to use some of those gorgeous colors to create a card, a tag, a home decor item, or anything else you might fancy making. To help kick off the challenge, I've created a Thanksgiving card with some pretty DSP I had in my stash.

For this card, I cut my panel of DSP to 5 5/16" X 4 1/16" and then used an arched rectangle die to cut an opening in the center of it.

I then took the next larger size arched rectangle die and, centering it around the smaller one, I cut a thin border out of dark brown cardstock. This border was then glued to the opening in my DSP.


The DSP, with its dark brown frame in place, was adhered to the A2 cardbase with some foam tape. This gave the card some nice dimension and created the perfect indentation in which to glue some die-cut foliage that mimicked the leaves in the DSP.

I stamped "Thanksgiving Blessings" directly on to the card front, making sure it was centered at the top of the arched rectangle opening.






I had three die-cut leaves left over, so I added them to the inside panel along with a stamped sentiment.

I hope you'll have some fun with fall colors and join in on our challenge. We love seeing what you create.

Check out the inspiration from the rest of the Design Team here.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

No comments: