Wish List

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

More graduation cards...

Where have the years gone? We're already celebrating grandchild high school graduations!


Here's a photo of my beautiful granddaughter posing with us after her high school graduation ceremony last night. She graduated with honors (3.5 or higher GPA), and we're so proud of her!

The ceremony was held at a large arena on the University of Minnesota campus and was over 2 hours long, due to the fact that there were 650 students in her graduating class. We were thrilled that we could be there with her to watch and celebrate.





Following are a couple of the graduation cards I made for the thrift store, as they have been in high demand there lately:

This card was so easy and fun. I found some free graduation subway art here. I sized it to my liking, printed it out and added a few gold touches with a gold glitter pen. This panel was then adhered to a metallic gold mat and a black card base. 

The mortarboard was cut with my Silhouette and popped up on dimensionals.

















I added a computer-generated sentiment to the inside, which was a quote from Dr. Seuss.










This card features die-cuts for the year 2021 and the line of celebrant graduates. The numbers were cut out of white cardstock and adhered directly to the blue panel. The graduates were cut out of black and also adhered directly to the front. I liked that they overlapped the numbers a bit.

On the inside of the card I stamped "Congratulations" in blue and then added a strip sentiment (stamped and heat-embossed), which was popped up with several layers of cardstock underneath it.

These cards were quick and fun to make and sold quickly at the thrift store. I guess I'd better get to work and make a few more to take in this week!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Your granddaughter looks like you, Cheryl! Congrats to her! Your graduation cards are fabulous - no wonder they sold so quickly.

designbydonna said...

I really like that subway art. I checked it out and downloaded a copy. I might be able to mask the 2021 and use it next year. With all the words, the simple mortarboard was all you needed. The grads celebrating is always an iconic picture of the celebration. The inside of that one is different and I will be using that idea.

designbydonna said...

Oh, and congratulatios to your granddaughter. So great that you were able to attend the ceremony.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Congratulations to your granddaughter graduating with honors! I agree that the years are passing way to fast! Our oldest granddaughter graduated from college and two more have two years completed.

Love your graduation cards too!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful 😍

Glittered Paws said...

Oh your grand daughter is so pretty - and I know you were a proud grandma watching her walk across the stage. Love both of the cards you made to sell at the thrift store. I had never heard of subway art (never too old to learn something new). But makes a perfect background.