Wish List

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

A wonky happy birthday cake...

I received this "wonky birthday cake" die set a few weeks ago and finally got around to making up a card. I love this fun image with its star-flame candles.

This picture is a bit blurry, but it gives you a good sense of the proportions of the layers.

I cut each layer and then colored in every other stripe with an alcohol marker that was a bit darker than the cardstock I had used.

The set actually does cut out the individual stripes, but coloring them is definitely quicker, and I think it looks just as good.

The cake platter (as well as the "Happy Birthday" sentiment) was cut from a piece of silver metallic cardstock. A few white stars were added around my sentiment.

The little dots in between each layer were made with white Nuvo Drops.


On the inside of my card, I added three strips of cardstock in the same colors I had used for my cake. The sentiment here was created on my computer.

I plan to use this die set a lot. It's just so perfect for birthday cards. I can see adding a few flowers, though, and turning it into a wedding or anniversary card, as well. 

My granddaughter will have her graduation party on Saturday, and I plan to spend the day on Friday, helping my daughter get ready for it. I'm really looking forward to it. Graduations are such happy occasions!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

What a fun wonky card, there are tiems when you just need one of these cards. Love the candles. You do so well with the nuvo drops, I haven't totally mastered them 100%.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love your "Wonky" birthday cake! It made me smile. Great way to color in sections of the layers with a darker marker. It gives the cake more "personality".

Patti J said...

Cute as can be! That wonky cake makes me happy! Thanks for sharing!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh your wonky cake is fabulous Cheryl and I love your colour combo - you're right, it would make a perfect wedding cake too! Have a wonderful time tomorrow getting ready for the Graduation x

Lynette said...

Cool cake, and a cool card! Love the way you've colored it. Congrats again to your granddaughter. Have fun tomorrow!

designbydonna said...

That is the coolest birthday cake! Love all the colors.Just a really cute card. Congrats to your granddaughter.