Wish List

Friday, December 11, 2020

Mandala stencils...

 I have a set of at least a dozen mandala stencils. I wanted to use a couple of them to make some holiday cards. I especially needed some cards that weren't specifically Christmas cards, as we have friends who practice other faiths--Muslim, Hindu, etc.--and we always send them a card at Christmas time to let them know we're thinking of them.


I started with a couple of pale blue panels and some darker blue ink and began blending the ink into the design of the mandala. I find this to be such a relaxing way to make a pretty card front.


Once I had my design inked in, I added a pretty die-cut snowflake and a few gems. I also die-cut the word "peace" and heat-embossed "on earth" on some navy blue CS. My mandala panel was matted with the same navy blue CS


Inside, I used another navy blue mat and added some snowflakes cut from the pale blue CS that I had started with for my front panel.  My sentiment was stamped with navy blue ink. 

These cards were both easy and fun. I kept them very simple, using just two colors of blue, but I love how they turned out.

My Christmas cards (91 of them) have all been mailed. Whew! Glad that job can be checked off my list! Today I started making cookies and other goodies. My sugared almonds are finishing up their cooking time in the crockpot as I type this. 

And how are your holiday preparations coming along? Are you in good shape or struggling to get everything done in time? I'm usually on the struggling end of the scale, especially in the final week before the big day.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are both beautiful. I love the blue on blue. The stencil design is very pretty and reflects the snowflake well. I only have a few stencils but don't use them much. Perhaps I should put that on my New Year craft resolutions. I mailed all the cards and gifts this week so not much stress here. Just going to be the two of us so not much cooking needed.

Lynette said...

Your cards are so pretty, Cheryl! I agree - stencils make such great backgrounds. I love that you finish the insides of your cards, too. I rarely do that. Way to go to get your cards out! Good luck with your baking and prep. I have a couple gifts left to buy, and I don't do any baking. Take it easy and enjoy!

Glittered Paws said...

Love both of these cards and love that you don't need a "special" stamp to still send holiday wishes.
So sugared almonds in the crock pot, interesting. I bet they are good. I mailed all of my Christmas cards as well as my packages last week. Daughter and family had made plans to come for Christmas but decided to heed the warning to stay home this holiday season. Everyone was disappointed but I think she made the right decision.