Wish List

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Sympathy cards in silver and white...


I had some handmade, silver-dotted paper in my stash for at least 10 years, so it was time to use it on some cards. I know the paper looks rather fibrous in these photos, but that's the nature of it.


I started with a silver card base and added my panel of handmade paper.

I had an ornate oval in my die collection, so I used it as the focal point of my card.

This one has a few stems of holly hocks with silver centers made using a Viva Decor pen.


The sentiment on each card was heat embossed with Wow! embossing powder.











I added a silver heat-embossed sentiment on the inside of each card. If you look closely, you'll see that there's a tiny bit of dry-embossing on the bottom of the panel, as well.

These cards were difficult to photograph. The day was dark and dreary and the muted colors didn't help.





Sadly, I've already had to use one of these cards, so I'll be making more for my stash in the near future.

Our 5-6" of snow from Easter Sunday is nearly gone already--melted by the strength of the April sun. I'm hoping now that warm weather will move in for good.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Both of your cards are lovely! I don't think I've ever seen a holly hock die before. I really like the flowers on both cards!

Lynette said...

These are so pretty, Cheryl, and perfect for sympathy cards. Sorry you already had to use one of them. :(

designbydonna said...

Beautiful cards. They are so elegant. Love that oval accent to make your delicate flowers stand out.

Glittered Paws said...

Such beautiful cards - and difficult ones to make. I try and keep a couple in my stash.
I too had to send out one this week, a dear friends mother passed. Such hard times to have a family member pass away.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh these are beautiful Cheryl, I'm sorry to hear you've had to use one of them already.