Wish List

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Pop-up diorama cards...

I have some pop-up diorama Easter cards that I never shared, so I thought I'd share them now. They all use NBUS dies and one uses an NBUS stamp set, as well.


On these two cards, both the egg and the bow were NBUS dies. As you can see, I cut one egg out of purple glitter CS and one out of white. Then I just swapped the negatives and Voila! - two cards.

I did a little bit of inking on my bows to give them more definition, since they're just flat die-cuts.





The inside of my card has an egg-shaped opening (cut with an NBUS die from a set of graduated egg sizes. Peeking through my aperture is a stamped chick, still in the egg shell, but celebrating Easter with his bunny face and ears. This was stamped with an NBUS stamp set for the most part. I did stamp the face using a Peachy Keen stamp set that I've used before (and had for years and years).

I added a stitched rectangle at the bottom for a personal note and to sign our names.









This is how these cards look from the top. They're super easy to make, but fun to look at and receive. If you'd like to try making one, there's a great tutorial on Splitcoaststampers under Pop-up Diorama Card.














Here's another one using the same egg die, but a different die-cut bow.


I did the inside on this one a little differently, too, adding a die-cut bunny in some grass, rather than a stamped one.

I'm going to link these cards to the NBUS Challenge Blog. I usually forget to do this when I'm using all that NBUS I've got piled up!

Today was a lovely day. We even went and purchased some flower seedlings, an azalea bush and a tomato plant and got them all into various pots and places in the flower beds. I just love it when the pots and beds are filled with blooming flowers. We don't plant many vegetables as we don't have a sunny enough spot for them, but I stubbornly try planting a few (a VERY few) every year.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Lynette said...

So cute and adorable, Cheryl. I'm glad you shared them. Glad you're enjoying the weather - we are, too.

Lynette said...

What fabulous cards, Cheryl! Such a great design - thanks for the link. Glad you were able to get some plants. Enjoy!

Glittered Paws said...

The Easter cards are so adorable - and smart to use the negative - saves a little time. Going to go check out the link on SCS. Weather here is just about beautiful - few rainy days but got a small garden in - and a friend gave be two big bunches of day lilies which I love so they are in the ground as well. Have a great weekend

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I clicked on the video and marked it to watch later. That is another fun challenge for me. Love your first two cards too using that egg shape with the words and little bunny. I've never seen that die but you got two great cards from one cut!