Wish List

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Stenciled Thanksgiving cards...

I love this stencil so much that I decided to use it for a couple of Thanksgiving cards. I chose a few Autumn colors from my ink pads and blended them, starting with yellow in the center and going to a deep orange/terra cotta on the outer edges. As soon as I was done stenciling, I brushed on some white Perfect Pearls, which I set with a mist of water. The Perfect Pearls add a gorgeous sheen.

Finally, I added the die-cut sentiment and a few sequins. Card front done!


On the inside of my card I used a computer-generated sentiment on a terra cotta colored mat.













Here is the second card I made using the same process except for the sentiment. This time I stamped "Happy Thanksgiving" with Versamark and heat set it with white embossing powder. It was then popped up on dimensionals.


On the inside of this card I added a little stenciling and a stamped sentiment. The stamp was made with a very tiny font, so I'll have to send this to someone with good eyesight!

I hope to get a few more stencils to play with in the coming months. The ink blending is just so much fun.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day. 
Cheryl

4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

What a pretty stencil, I just don't seem to use my stencils as often as I should because they really do work up pretty. Your fall shadings are beautiful and then the shimmer. Perfect Thanksgiving card.

designbydonna said...

That stencil is beautiful. I love the shading. You know what I thought when I first saw that--turkey feathers. Great for thanksgiving.

Lynette said...

Both cards are so pretty, Cheryl. I love my stencils, too, but I don't use them enough. I love your computer-generated sentiments.

Darnell said...

That stencil is perfect for a Thanksgiving design, Cheryl! I don't know if you see it, but my first thought was a play on turkey feathers and I love that!! Hugs, Darnell