Wish List

Saturday, November 23, 2019

Happy birthday in lavender and white...

My youngest sister's birthday was earlier this month, and I made a lavender and white card for her. I'm not sure if she likes shades of purple/lavender as much as I do, but the color of the DSP (Stampin' Up) was so soft and pretty, I thought she would enjoy it regardless.


This card was SO HARD to photograph. I don't know if the lighting was just bad that day or if the colors are so soft that they don't show up well or if my nonexistent photography skills are to blame. It really did look nice IRL. The center portion (the white and lavender piece with the pearls) is popped up on foam tape.


The die set I used is unbranded, as is the sentiment stamp. I heat embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder.











There was a fancy little square die that came with the set, so I cut it out a couple of times, cut each square in half and decorated the inside of the card with three of the halves.

The inside sentiment was also heat embossed with silver EP.

I really do love having pretty die sets like this one that do a lot of the work for you. It's kind of like having some pretty paper that you really don't have to embellish very much.

For the next week we are staying with two of our grandchildren, ages 12 and 14 while their parents and sister are out East. They are absolutely wonderful young people and a delight to be around. They will only have school on Monday and Tuesday, so I have made a date with my 14-year-old granddaughter to have a pie-baking session on Wednesday. She's going to learn how to make an apple pie and I'm going to make a pumpkin pie for our Thanksgiving dinner. She's excited about it, since apple pie is her favorite.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


3 comments:

designbydonna said...

This is a very pretty card. It is great when a pretty die or even a particulary pretty paper does most of the work of decorating your card. This lacy die is really beautiful. I know you will have fun with your granddaughters. Mine always love cooking with me when they come. 2 of them are pretty much able to bake anything on their own now.

Glittered Paws said...

What a fun week you have coming up - and making pies - making memories. Marie Collendar is making my pies this year. So to your card- so soft and pretty - and the die work is amazing. Hoping it cut smoothly so you didn't have a lot of little pieces to pop out. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card for your sis, that's such a pretty die!
I'm sure you've had lots of fun with your grandkids, apple pie is my fave too :)