Wish List

Saturday, July 20, 2019

It's your birthday, make some noise...


This was a card for one of my grandsons last month, and I discovered today that I had never shared it here on the blog.

Boys probably don't need to be told to "make some noise," but as a grandmother, I figured it would be fun to do just that!

My sentiment on the front of the card was computer-generated.


On the inside of my card I created a pop-out mechanism for a die-cut drum set (unbranded). I cut the drum set a couple of times and glued them together to give it more strength and stability. There are some pretty skinny parts on it!

If you look closely, you'll see that I even added his name onto the big base drum with some letter stickers. My sentiment here was also computer-generated.


I used a black glitter brush pen (Spectrum Noir) to add some sparkle to the cymbals and to highlight some of the lines on the drums.









This is a simple card, but one that works well for boys. I have five grandsons, so I love it when I can use the same card design for more than one of them.

We've had a stormy morning today--rain and wind with dark clouds making it seem more like it should be early evening. I guess I won't get any gardening done today.

My little single-cup coffee maker has bitten the dust and crossed over the coffee-colored rainbow bridge. It was one that used regular coffee grounds, not the K cups that so many of them require nowadays. I will be using my French Press coffeemaker until I can find a replacement. Any suggestions on a good one?

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Great for a grandson birthday and when you have 5 - keeps you busy thinking of new ideas. My grandson is 29 - but 2 great grandsons are still young and like the fun to make cards. I still have to post the one I made for baby Mason's first birthday. Like how you personalized it with his name.

designbydonna said...

A very fun card for your grandson. Love that drum set and how you put his name on it. He will love opening this card. Your right, they like to make noise with everything they are playing with. Don't know if I would rather have that or the little girls who talk all the time. They are both so much fun.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That is such a special personalized card! I'm sure he loved it!

Lynette said...

Oh wow, Cheryl - how awesome! So personalized, and so cool. Love the drum set and the way you made it pop up.