Wish List

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

A few forgotten cards...

As I have mentioned many times on the blog, I make cards for a local thrift shop to sell to help support their community outreach programs. Around holidays like Mother's Day, I often make so many cards for the store that I forget to share them all.

Here are three cards that I made back in April:


I love this curved stamp and die set that makes a card look really special. This stamp set, along with the flower dies and letter dies are all unbranded. The papers are from Stampin' Up.


After cutting out my layers of flower petals, I inked the center of each layer with a little darker pink ink. Then I added some tiny dots of Nuvo Drops to the center. I loved the dimension this added to my flower.

I see my picture is actually upside down (oops!), but you can still see the detail on the flower.










My inside sentiment was stamped, using a couple of different sets. I also stamped a leafy flourish which I embellished with some pink Nuvo Drops.


















This card started with some pretty Stampin' Up paper. I stamped and heat embossed the word "happy" (unbranded) and then added my flower and leaves. "Mother's Day" was also heat embossed on some coordinating cardstock.


My flower die set is also unbranded. The center was made with white Nuvo Drops.
















The sentiment in this card was computer-generated.














This rose image and leaves was created with a layered stamp set. I had to stamp my rose first and then mask it off in order to stamp my leaves "underneath" it.  I used two fine point pens--gold and black--to add the stamens in the center.

A heat-embossed sentiment and a few sequins finished it off.


I added the same computer-generated sentiment to this card as was used on the previous card. I think you can see that I've inked around the sentiment panel with a little pink ink.

I'm happy to say all these cards sold. Customers seem to buy a lot of Mother's Day cards at the store. Maybe they think moms will appreciate a handmade card.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I really love those first two cards! The dp, the flowers and the dies make beautiful cards!

Glittered Paws said...

What beautiful Mother's Day cards - flower all of your flowers, layer up on layer, I have floral dies with layers but seldom use them anymore, need to get them out again. Love the first sentiment on the curve. Love your SU DPs - in fact I think I am "hoarding" some of the same papers. Why oh why do I do that???

designbydonna said...

Beautiful cards. I love the 3-D flowers.

Lynette said...

These are all SO beautiful, Cheryl! Thanks for sharing them.