Wish List

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Masculine birthday card...


I made this card recently for a brother-in-law. I first found some playing card images online, sized them to fit on my card and then printed them out on cardstock. They were then easy enough to just fussy cut.

When figuring out what cards to use, I decided I should at least give him two pairs--maybe he could win the hand with them!

I had a pack of pre-made paper frames, so I decided to use one of those, and then I printed out my sentiments (front and inside) on my computer. I added the enamel dots for a bit of dimension.



Just a simple card interior, with room to write a personal message.

Men's cards are so difficult for me to make!! I know a lot of other cardmakers struggle with them, too. I've got quite a few male birthdays coming up soon, so I've got to find a few more ideas.

Most of the men in my life do not golf. I wish they did, because there are some cute golf-themed card ideas out there.

Do you have a favorite idea for a masculine card? Do share!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great idea for masculine card. I think you could also just scan and print some regular playing cards too. Love the sentiment. You come up with some great ones. One of my go to themes for men is maps or oceans with sailboats.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Cheryl, that is a really great creation for anyone who plays cards and might be moving around a little slower for some reason. Great sentiments!

Lynette said...

What a great card, Cheryl! I love your sentiments - perfect. It's all so nicely done.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh that's such a cool and original card, bet it gives him a good giggle!
I'm always stuck for male cards, but if you're looking for a wee bit of inspiration you could have a look at https://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.com/

Glittered Paws said...

Some days I wonder if I am playing with a full deck!!! What an awesome masculine card - perfect - and love the playing cards. I might have to go looking for those. Great job.

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, I CASE'd your card for my BIL 80th birthday. They used to play bridge a lot. He loved it! Thanks for the inspiration. I ccouldn't figure out how to attach a picture here. I'll send it to your email.

Patti J said...

SO cute! Love it! You are so creative!