Wish List

Friday, January 4, 2019

Time for thank you notes...

It's definitely time to write those Christmas thank you notes, so I made some simple thank you cards.


The pretty background paper came from a Christmas pack of cardstock that I bought last year at Michael's .  I believe it was Reflections or some other store brand.

I inked the edges of the center die-cut panel (unbranded die) and popped it up on some foam tape.  The pretty "thank you" was also cut with an unbranded die out of some heavy cardstock that had a nice sheen to it. It really is a lot prettier IRL and perfectly matches the red color in the background pattern.

When I have an intricate die-cut like this thank you die, I almost always use spray adhesive to adhere it to my card. I just have to be very careful in setting it down as the adhesion is pretty instantaneous. If I'm doing a lot of them, I will sometimes make a die-cut of my panel out of scrap paper, then center and cut the thank you out of that and use it as a sort of stencil-type guide. I lay this guide on top of the panels I'm using to help place the die-cut sentiment. Since this sentiment is all one piece, I don't have to worry about the intricacy of it. I just need the outer edge all the way around as a placement guide.

If this is as clear as mud, let me know, and I'll take some photos of the process and post them.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


6 comments:

designbydonna said...

That is a very pretty font on the Thank You. I haven't tried spray adhesive but may look for it. Sounds easy.

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh this is lovely, that's such a pretty die! Great tips too, yes they do make sense!!

Lynette said...

Oh what a pretty thank you note! Nicely done, Cheryl.

Hannelie said...

This gets a big WOW from me! Superb!

Darnell said...

I think this design is great, Cheryl! I love how it is monochrome so that it looks like you actually stamped all those flourishes behind the sediment panel! I think I understood the tip, but I do have a question. How do you keep the edges of the sediment from accidentally sticking to the template when you go to lay it in place? Maybe I don't understand it and I need pictures, lol! Hugs, Darnell

Glittered Paws said...

Great tip about using adhesive spray to apply your delicate word dies. Love this card - the Thank You card stock has such a pretty sheen and goes perfect on the die cut panel you cut out as well. Love the bg paper you used.