Wish List

Friday, January 25, 2019

Simple birthday card...

This birthday card was one I included in two sets of ten all-occasion cards that I made for friends we visited recently in Arizona. I liked the Stampin' Up background paper, as it reminded me of tile work you might have in your kitchen or bathroom, so I just selected colors from it for making the rest of the card.

My card base is navy blue. I know you can't really see it against the black background, but it's there! The stars were cut from pale blue glitter paper, the banner is a coordinating Stampin' Up paper and the "Happy Birthday" was cut from the same navy blue as the card base.

My sister sent me a bunch of crafting supplies for my birthday and the square brads at the top of my banner were part of that gift.

On the inside of my card I used a Fiskars stamp for my sentiment, along with a solid star stamp. I thought this card would work well for a guy.

In my sets of cards for my friends, I included four birthday cards (2 male, 2 female), two sympathy cards, two thank you cards and two thinking of you cards. They seemed to really appreciate them. They, themselves, or family members are dealing with difficult health concerns, so it can be difficult for them to go shopping for a card when they need one.

I renewed my driver's license today. I had to wait in line for nearly two hours after I got there to actually take the vision test and get my photo taken. It was such a cold, wintery day, that I was hoping few people would actually venture out to the County Service Center. Boy, was I wrong! I think it must have been the number one errand on everyone's to-do list.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards, especially love the papers in the first one.
luv
Debby

designbydonna said...

Great card for a guy. The thing I love about Stampin" Up! is the coordinating papers. A collection of cards is a very thoughtful hostess gift. I usually do a set of Thank You notes for friends who have illnesses. Including a pen and stamps is helpful too.

Lynne in NI said...

Fab card Cheryl, I'm sure your friends were delighted to get a gift of your lovely cards!

Darnell said...

That tile paper is fantastic, Cheryl! I could see having that in my kitchen! It works great for a manly card with the matching sediment banner, stars, and square brads! You are so thoughtful to make up those generous card sets! Sorry you went to the motor vehicle department on National Renew Your License Day!! Hugs, Darnell

Glittered Paws said...

Great masculine birthday card and what a nice gift of handmade cards. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't love to have a nice selection of cards.
UGH on your 2 hour wait at the DMV, and I am not a patient waiter.

Patti J said...

What a fun masculine card! Great job!