Wish List

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Twin happy birthdays...

My twin daughters had a birthday this week, and these are the birthday cards I made for them:


I have long admired the cards I've seen online that were made with the Stampin' Up Beautiful You stamp set. I also saw an interesting card fold and decided it was time to try it for myself.

The dresses in each image were paper pieced. I used a Darice embossing folder for the top of my card and stamped a border (no packaging, so don't know the brand) at the bottom.

My flowers and leaves were cut with unbranded dies and inked a wee bit.


On the inside of each card, I used a stamp I purchased at the thrift store where I volunteer. I colored in the two large words and added a coating of glitter to the word "AWESOME!"

This is what the cards look like from the side. They actually fold up nice and flat, as you can see in the top photo, and fit into an A2 envelope.

I thought it was a fun card to make, and I plan to make more in the future.


It's a beautiful weekend here. After some hot, muggy weather, the humidity and temps are dropping a bit, making it much more pleasant to be outside.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Super cards for your daughters! What a fun design.

designbydonna said...

Very pretty cards. I like the unusual fold. Happy Birthday to your daughters.

debby4000 said...

What a fabulous style of cards and love the image.
luv
Debby

Glittered Paws said...

Oh love the fold - fancy folds are one of my favorite things to make. The girls will love their cards. This is one of my favorite SU stamp sets and have used it often.