Wish List

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Purple Christmas ornament...

Purple is my favorite color, so when I decided to make a few cards with a Christmas ornament on them, purple was my color of choice.


My sister had asked me to purchase a bag of used stamps for her at the thrift store where I volunteer. One of the stamps I purchased for her was a large partial pine branch. Because I liked it so much, I decided to stamp a few panels with it before I gave it to her. I should have written down the name of the manufacturer, but I didn't. I'm pretty sure it's Stampin' Up, though.

I had some black "starry sky" paper in my Christmas packs, so I used some of it for my background. I stamped the image (twice on each card) and a sentiment (from Michael's $1.50 bin) with Versamark and heat set them both with some Wow! embossing powder.



My ornament was cut with an old Quickutz die out of purple glitter CS and some glossy silver CS for the cap. I also popped it up on some foam tape.

I added a tiny purple ribbon bow at the top and drew a silver line with a metallic marker for the string.





















Don't you love that purple sparkle?



















Here's the inside of my card. Pretty simple.

I made four of these cards. I wish I had stamped a few more of them. They were pretty quick to put together, and I do like how they turned out.

We've been hot and sticky here. I've had to close up the house and turn on the air conditioning. I really prefer to have open windows with gentle breezes blowing fresh air in, but the air outside right now is awfully hot and muggy. They're predicting heat indexes of over 100 degrees in the coming days.

Hope the weather is perfect wherever you are!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

I do love the purple sparkle. That white pine branch looks great on that dark background. I am jealous, you have 4 Christmas cards done already? I guess it is about time I think about pulling out my holiday supplies.

Darnell said...

You'll have to borrow back that stamp and make more, Cheryl! This is a stunning card and I imagine that purple schparkle is really amazing in person! Do you mat the inside of your card or is that a traced purple line? It looks very finished and professional and not something anyone sees on the insides of my lazy butt cards, lol! Whew ~ I hope it cools off for you soon! Hugs, Darnell

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh I love this Cheryl, bet that sparkly bauble looks fab! You're so lucky to get stamps into your charity shop, I never see them in ours.
Your weather is mad, it's no time since you were frozen in the snow and now you're melted! I definitely couldn't stick it, it was bad enough here when it hit 86!

Anonymous said...

So pretty, I can mail the stamp to you.mkw

Glittered Paws said...

Oh purple, sparkle, and Christmas - perfect combination. And love the pine branch - I have a feeling you will be borrowing that stamp again.