Wish List

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #137: Ribbons, lace, twine OR anything goes...

I am so thrilled that Mother Nature has allowed Spring to make an entrance. That's important news in my neck of the woods, since we had the snowiest April ever! The arrival of warm weather also means it's time for our May challenge at Let's Craft and Create. This time we're focusing on using ribbons, lace or twine on our projects. Of course, you can always choose the "anything goes" option, but don't you have a little ribbon, lace or twine in your stash that is begging to be used?

Here's the card I made using a scrap of leftover ribbon and a little twine:


I needed a baby card as my niece just gave birth to a beautiful little girl. I had this cute little giraffe die (unbranded), and I really wanted to make a pink giraffe. With a green bow. Fun, right? Its darker pink spots were inked up while it was still in the die.



I cut my scrap of ribbon into three equal pieces, looped the ends together and adhered them behind my circle for a nice little embellishment.

My sentiment, by My Craft Spot (Bundle of Joy stamp set), was heat embossed.


This inside verse is from the same Bundle of Joy stamp set. I actually tried to stamp it with pink ink first, but I think my cardstock doesn't have a hard enough finish on its surface, because it looked a little fuzzy after stamping. That's why I finally stamped it in black, which was a bit clearer.

Now it's your turn to dig out the lace, ribbon and/or twine and create something fun. First, though, check out all my team members' makes over at Let's Craft and Create for some fabulous inspiration . And to tempt you just a little bit more, there is always a crafty prize up for grabs.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

That is the cutest giraffe ever! I love the inside sentiment. So true.

Lynette said...

Aww, how sweet! Love the cute little giraffe, and I also love your layout. The circle-die cut is part of the perfect background.

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh Cheryl! Pure cuteness! The little pink giraffe is adorable! Love the fancy ribbon treatment!

Lynne in NI said...

Awww super cute giraffe and love your verse on the inside too x

Glittered Paws said...

Oh what a sweet giraffe - and love how you used your little scrap of ribbon. Love the inside sentiment.