Wish List

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Three more Mother's Day cards...

I have been very busy making Mother's Day cards to sell at the thrift store. Here are three of them:


This one was super easy because I let the pretty paper stand for itself. It came from a cardmaking magazine and worked really well for this card.


This stamp is an old one that I bought used. It's one of only a couple of Mother's Day stamps that I have, so I tend to use it over and over. I heat-embossed the sentiment, colored in the little heart with a ProMarker and added a flat-backed gem and a little twine.

The circle die is by Spellbinders.









The inside is pretty plain with just a computer-generated sentiment.













For this card, I cut the letters (unbranded dies) out of some pretty cardstock and then out of black foam. I glued the cardstock letters onto the foam and then onto my background CS.

I inked the premade flower (by Recollections) a little in the center. Actually, it's two flowers glued together with a pale pink enamel dot in the center. Then I cut a couple of leaves (unbranded die) and adhered it all to my card.






Once again, a plain interior with a computer-generated sentiment.











 Finally, I made this card using another piece of cardstock from a magazine as my background. I thought it was such pretty paper and perfect for Mother's Day.


My little die-cut bouquet was created from an unbranded stamp and die set. All it needed was a little bow of purple ribbon to finish it off.











And another computer-generated sentiment on the inside.

The Mother's Day cards seem to be selling really well at the thrift store. I guess pretty much every one gives their mother a card for Mother's Day, and I price them pretty low ($2.00). It is a thrift store, after all. But the low price is another reason I keep them pretty simple and quick to make.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are all very pretty. My favorite is the third one with the scalloped label. Love the heart used in the word Mom.

Lynette said...

Such pretty cards, and so awesome of you to make and donate them to the thrift store. Our church sells the donated cards for $2.00, also. It was only recently they changed the price from $1.50. I always thought that was too low! At the time, I would spend a couple hours on a card! Keep up the great work:)

Lynne in NI said...

What a lovely sentiment stamp and gorgeous papers you've used too. And great idea to use patterned DP on top of foam with those fab big letter dies! I wonder why Mother's Day is mid-March in the UK and yet Father's Day is the same date as the USA??

Glittered Paws said...

How nice - my favorite is the calico letters to make MOM - just reminds me of a MOM. I know your resale shop loves to get a batch of your cards in to sell.