Wish List

Monday, April 9, 2018

One paper--two different cards...

A while back, I received several designer papers in a magazine that I subscribed to. I find it a little hard to use these papers, as they often have a glossy finish that I'm not fond of. While making some Mother's Day cards to sell at the thrift store, I was determined to use some of them. Here's what I did with one of the sheets.


For this card, I used an unbranded edge die to cut the fancy edge at the bottom of my DSP. My bow was also made with an unbranded die.

The sentiment was from a Hampton Art layered flower stamp set. Because I have only two Mother's Day stamps (both say simply "Happy Mother's Day"), I have to find other sentiments that can also work.

For a little bit of sparkle, I added some sequins. They made this rather plain card just a bit more special.



The inside was stamped with one of my two Mother's Day stamps, plus I added a little heart stamp in pink.
















My second card is a drapery/curtain/pleated fold card. This card actually looks prettier in person. I've left the "pleats" hanging free to give the sense of a real drapery. I embossed my band of pink cardstock with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and cut the bow with an unbranded die.

My inside sentiment was taken from a stamp set that I've had for years.. I no longer have the packaging, so I have no idea what brand it is.

I have quite a few more Mother's Day cards made that I will share with you in future posts. It will be interesting to see how well these sell. I plan to make a little display of them in the jewelry section along with some fancy little boxes and pretty pieces of jewelry that will also be for sale. 

They call me the "jewelry lady" at the thrift store, as I clean, price and display all the jewelry. It's fun to see the interesting pieces that are donated and think of ways to enticingly display them. I like to add little curios, fancy purses, pretty silk scarves and other items among the pieces of jewelry. It just makes for a more interesting display.

I also help them sell men's jewelry. You'd be surprised at how many cuff links and tie tacs are sold each week! We occasionally sell men's rings, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are both so pretty. Perfect paper for Mother's Day. Love the draping effect. Your bows are great accents.

Glittered Paws said...

What a good way to use up the freebies we get. I seldom use these papers because of the "slick" texture but what a great job you did.

Lynette said...

Don't you just love those simple cards with patterned paper? I do. Both cards are really pretty. You are so good to donate so much of your time.

Darnell said...

What a cool position at the store, Cheryl! With your artistic eye, I know you are selling lots of things because of the way you are displaying them! It does matter! And the inspiration you have given me here with the ways you have used your dpp matters to me, too, sitting here with piles of gorgeous paper! Well, I mean, it's nicely tucked in a drawer. I don't want you to get a visual of me surrounded by 8 ft. high stacks of paper, haha! Hugs, Darnell

Lynne in NI said...

These are lovely Cheryl! Great way to use up that DP, I've a load of unloved shiny stuff that never gets used too.