Wish List

Friday, January 12, 2018

Star struck birthday...

This is another card that was made some months ago, but I never got around to posting.

A very simple card using some star-patterned paper along with stitched star die-cuts.  The "Happy Birthday" die is one I bought on eBay a long time ago. It works so well here because of the little stars that are a part of it's design.

My sentiment was computer generated and then I cut it out using a rectangle die with a pricked edge. A few more of those die-cut stars finished off the inside of my card.

I purposely didn't add any sparkle to the stars on this one, as I made it for a boy's birthday.

We are once again in the deep freeze. It is currently -6 F (which is -21 C), and it is supposed to dip down to -12 F (-24 C) tonight. I needed to run to the store today and my poor car was so cold. I think it was hurling curse words at me for the first mile or so. It eventually warmed up, and we got along a little better after that. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

debby4000 said...

Fabulous stars card, love how the stars continue inside too.
luv
Debby

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a fun and cheerful birthday card Cheryl! Love the star studded background! Sending warm and sunny thoughts from Phoenix!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh my goodness, BRRRRR Cheryl! I don't know how you cope in that cold, we think it's bad here if it goes under -5C! Bet you're impatient for Spring, I see my daffodils have their heads up so hopefully it won't be too long!
Fab boys card, I might have to copy this one!

Glittered Paws said...

Great star card - and perfect for a boy birthday card. We are not quite THAT cold - tomorrow AM supposed to be 0 and a high of 12. Our car/truck is in the garage but darn it is still cold when you first get in.
When you get "unbranded" dies where do you get them - Amazon, E-Bay etc.?

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love this starry card Cheryl! We have torrential rain and gale force winds day after day at present! Can't wait for the better weather to kick in! Have a great week my friend! Love & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Thanks for popping over Cheryl and saying hi, love your card here, you have some lovely work.
...and thanks too joining by email.

I don’t do much following by email, must confess and haven’t any idea who actually does it as we can’t check like we can on follower list so that’s why I generally go that way.I welcome to my blog those that join that way.
However I really appreciate you wanted me to come into your inbox thank you!!! :-D
Thanks for sharing your inspiration, too!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}