Wish List

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Another Valentine...

This Valentine came together really quickly. I used some pretty DSP that came with a magazine. For my die-cuts, the heart is unbranded and the rectangle is by Spellbinders.



Here you can see that I have elevated the middle heart with some foam squares. But before I did that, I covered this heart with Versamark and clear embossing powder before and heat set it.

I cut a heart in white to serve as a backing for the bigger heart with all the vines and flowers.














My sentiment is from a Recollections Valentine stamp set from Michaels, which I stamped in pink to match my heart. Then I filled in the little hearts around it with Nuvo Crystal Drops, which matched perfectly.








Another simple, stamped sentiment on the inside. But see that little heart by the word "Happy?" It's a sequin! I found a bunch of these in my stash. I had no idea they were there. I'm sure they were among the craft supplies inherited from my mother when she passed away in 1992!! If you look at the front of my card, you'll see that I added quite a few of them there, too.

We spent the morning shoveling snow at my house. We got about a foot of snow last night which had drifted into big piles in some areas--like against our back door. You couldn't even open the door from the inside until I had shoveled the snow away.  Luckily, it is not terribly cold outside, hovering at right round the freezing mark, so I wasn't cold at all while helping to clear the sidewalks, driveway, etc.



We also live on what is known as a "snow emergency route." That means that whenever a "snow emergency" is called, which happens whenever there are more than a few inches of snow, we have to make sure our cars are not parked on the street in front of our house. The City will tow them to an impound lot to get them out of the way for the snow plows to come through. To get them back you have to pay upwards of $150!!

Such are the joys of living in a northern city!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Glittered Paws said...

Two beautiful pictures - first the card - I have a die very similar to the one you used, love the way you put it on white. And the Nuvo drops worked perfectly to make it pop.
Beautiful home - oh lots of snow. We live in a subdivision where we are "last" on the list (politics) to get plowed. And to top that off we live on top of a really really big hill. My husband has a blade on his Bobcat so he does our driveway and our street up to the stop sign, but if it that much sow there is nothing I need badly enough to get out.

designbydonna said...

Beautiful. card. I love the patterns. Heart sequins--what a fun find.

Lynne in NI said...

Awww beautiful card Cheryl, I'm glad you got to use some of your Mum's sequins too!
And your house is gorgeous, I'd be dying to get out and leave some footprints in that lovely fresh snow. Can't see your snowman either!! ;) I'm glad to say all our snow is away, we've rain and gales today instead, don't know which is worse LOL

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Cheryl! What a beautiful valentine! Love the fancy heart! Wow! That's a lot of snow! Sending warm sunny thoughts from Phoenix :)

Lynette said...

Pretty card. I inherited abnout a gazillion sequins from my mom:) They are all round, though. What a beautiful home you have. I know you live in Minnesota, but you must be in Minneapolis?