Wish List

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

The last of my Halloween cards...

I love making the pop and twist cards, so here are two I made for Halloween.

I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on my tag (which was also cut with a Cuttlebug die) and then lightly brushed over the raised portions with a white ink pad. The cool skeleton is an unbranded die as are the spider and web, but the "Boo!" was cut out with some very old Cuttlebug alphabet dies. Did you notice the green gems I put in the skeleton's eye sockets?

The fun part comes in embellishing the inside panels. I've used a variety of stamps, dies, punches, stickers, and cut-outs from paper pads to finish them. It's a great way to use up all those odds and ends!

Fun cards, don't you think?

Finally, I made a waterfall card. The flipping panels on this card gave me a chance to use some of the little stamps I rarely seem to get a chance to use. I also found some little pumpkin eyelets in my stash that I didn't even know I had! The sentiment on each panel was printed with my computer.

Here's a collage of photos of each small frame on my flip panel.

And, at last, a peek at the inside of my waterfall card.

While these cards take a lot of time to make, they are definitely satisfying when they turn out well.

As it is now past 9 pm on Halloween night, the stream of trick-or-treaters to our door has pretty much stopped. We have only a few packages of treats left, so it seems I calculated fairly accurately, even though it was pretty cold here (32 degrees Fahrenheit). The little ones were all so cute in their costumes. I love seeing them and wishing them Happy Halloween.

I hope you've had an enjoyable evening, too.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Fantastic!!

designbydonna said...

Your cards are all cute and so fun to open. If these were for grandkids, I'm sure they had fun with them.

Patti J said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such fun Halloween cards Cheryl! Hope you enjoyed all the Halloween visitors! :)

Glittered Paws said...

Oh love the pop and twist - and Ibet they were fun tomake. Haven't made a waterfall card in ages and ages.
We don't get any trick-or-treaters as it is really dark in our subdivision and we have a LONG driveway so darn all the treats I bought well I guess we will just have to eat them.

Lynne in NI said...

Heee these are fab Cheryl, looks like you had fun making them!
Did you know that Halloween started in Ireland and was brought to the US at the time of the famine emigration? Though we've gotten very Americanised in our celebrations now!