Wish List

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Halloween box card...


I made this fun box card recently. I actually used a die (unbranded) for the card base, but made my actual box a little taller than the die by not cutting the bottom edge and extending the side cuts and scores by hand. Hope that's understandable.

My flying bats are actually stickers that are held up with a narrow strip of clear plastic packaging. I stuck them onto the strip and then backed them with some black cardstock.

My stamped sentiment on the front flap is by My Sentiments Exactly.


My moon (stitched circle die) and witch are both unbranded dies, but my spooky tree was cut with a Spellbinders die. The tiny little stars came with the box card die set. I love this size of star - it makes the perfect tiny little embellishment.


The front of my card was decorated with a pale orange web and black spider (both unbranded dies). I think you can see in the photo that I've added some sparkle to the body of the spider. I also rounded his body with a flower-shaping tool and then used a pop-dot to keep it elevated in the center.


The back of my card has a white panel so that I can write a personal note. Just a funny little spider stamp to decorate it!

Well, my problems continued with my computer (less than a year old), even after it had been sent back to the manufacturer where they replaced the hard drive. I contacted the tech at the store, and he told me it would have to go back to the manufacturer AGAIN for repair of the graphics card or mother board. He wasn't sure which.  I was so fed up that I took it back to the store and told them it was a lemon!!! I said I wanted them to take it back and give me a new one. After a little hemming and hawing (and after I threatened to beat up the manager...in a humorous way), they said I could go ahead and pick out any computer in the same price range as an even exchange. Well, I couldn't get back to the computer display room fast enough. I didn't want to give them a chance to change their minds!

They had an upgraded version of the same computer as my previous one on sale (so it was the same price) and I decided to go with that. It's a mid-price computer, and there really wasn't much else to choose from with all of the attributes I wanted.

I've now had my new computer all of one day, and I'm still in the process of reloading all my programs, etc., that I use on a daily basis. It's a lot of work, but so far I'm happy with this one. Fingers crossed it continues to work well. If it doesn't, beware--there will be some four-letter words included in my blog posts!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

8 comments:

designbydonna said...

What a fun Halloween card/box. Just like the old jack-in-the-box, I think you might jump with surprise when opened. I know how frustrating computer problems are. It's a love/hate relationship.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

WOW! So clever! Have a great day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

debby4000 said...

Oh what a brilliant Halloween card box.
luv
Debby

craftieodmae said...

you outdid yourself, this is gorgeous!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Cheryl! What a fun dimensional Halloween project! Love all the shimmer and shine! Happy to hear customer service took care of you :)

Patti J said...

Wow! This is amazing, my friend! What an awesome box card. Thanks for sharing!

Glittered Paws said...

Darling Halloween Box card - and love the back. You go girl - new computer, now "if" they had reloaded everything on it for you - but hey new computer is good.

Loose Stitches said...

WOW, fabulous box card Cheryl!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads