Wish List

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

More fun with glitter...

I have the Simple Holiday Cards cartridge, and I decided to cut out one of the Thanksgiving cards included on it. I cut only the card base, not the accompanying layer that is meant to go behind the cut design.

Once the card base was cut, I added a sheet of double-sided adhesive to the backside of my card front. When that was in place, I added some autumn colors of glitter to the open design.




I used deep brown, copper and gold glitters, burnishing them in with my finger.










I added two pieces of DSP to the inside of my card to cover the adhesive and to add some interest behind my sentiment.

I used my computer to print my sentiment onto some off-white cardstock and cut it out with a Spellbinder's die.

I actually really liked how this card turned out - and it was SO quick and easy!!

Today, I'm actually going to start wrapping some Christmas gifts. Can you believe that it's that time of the year already? With 10 grandchildren, I always have to get started as early as possible. Quite a few of them have to be mailed (some even overseas), so the earlier I get them done, the better. Have you started wrapping your gifts yet?

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Another beautiful card. I really love the glittery metallic leaves. Your family and friends are really lucky to get such beautiful cards from you.

Darnell said...

I always feel a twinge of jealousy when you mention that you have ten grandchildren, Cheryl! How blessed you are! I am in love with your Thanksgiving card (especially the inside sediment) and can just imagine how sparkly this is IRL!! Happy Thanksgiving!! Hugs, Darnell

Glittered Paws said...

What a beautiful card, love the sentiment. I love sending Thanksgiving cards.

Lynne in NI said...

Wrapping pesents? Nope, I haven't even bought most of them :)
Gorgeous card, lovin the shine.