Wish List

Monday, August 10, 2015

Happy birthday to a beautiful 10-year-old...

Today - August 10 - is my granddaughter Polly's Golden Birthday. She's very excited about being a 10-year-old.

Knowing what a soft heart she has for animals - especially small ones - I decided to use a House Mouse stamp for her card.

Polly has a hamster named "Chubs," and this little mouse reminds me of Chubs, who does his name proud with his rotund little physique.

I colored the image with my ProMarkers. I also added lots of dots in the background with three different pastel markers. I'm not sure this really works well, but the white cardstock just didn't look right to me.








I love my clear Wink of Stella pen and used it on the frosting to add just a little sparkle. I'm hoping if you click on the picture at right to see it in a larger format, you'll be able to see the glitter.








I also added a die-cut "Happy Birthday."  The "Happy" is from Elizabeth Craft Designs and the Birthday banner is by Die-Versions.

I also added some Wink of Stella to all of the letters and adhered some twine across the top of the banner with a little bow at each end.

It's a little hard to see the red letters against the brown patterned paper. I think if I make this card again with the same papers, I'll use some yellow CS for the Happy Birthday.

 My inside is pretty simple with just some layering and a stamped cupcake. My sentiment was computer generated.

August is a very busy card-making month for me. We have four grandchildren and several other family members and friends who all celebrate their birthdays this month.  I always feel a great sense of accomplishment when I get the August cards made and sent or hand-delivered.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Seize the Birthday: Anything Goes
Simon Wednesday Challenge: Tie It Up
The Ribbon Girl: Any Image Anything Goes

Edited to add: I am also entering this card into the House Mouse Monday Challenge #200, taking advantage of their Anything Goes option.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

13 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Love House Mouse but don't color it very well LOL - this card is perfect for a 10 year old birthday card I bet Polly will love it.

Darnell said...

Polly will cherish this card forever, Cheryl! It's just so fun and your coloring is awesome! I have a hamster here jumping up and down on my shoulder, impatiently waiting for me to stop typing in this little box so we can go back and look at "Chubs" on your card!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Nancy said...

Love your card Cheryl and I still remember turning ten. There it something magical about that number at least in a kids mind. She will love it! Thanks for linking up with the girls and I at Seize the Birthday!

Anni said...

What a perfect card for a ten year old girl!
Love the banner sentiment!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the birthday!
Anni

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Cheryl :-) the little mouse is super cute and I love the birthday banner! absolutely FABULOUS and I am sure Polly loves it too :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x
p.s, we would love to see this entered into the House Mouse and Friends Challenge too, we always have an anything goes option!

Beth Brovold said...

Oh this is so beautifully done Cheryl!! Your niece will absolutely adore this fabulous card...thanks for celebrating our 200th challenge with us at House Mouse and Friends...good luck!
Take care,
Beth

Lynne in NI said...

Aww what a cutie, bet she absolutely loved her chubby little mouse!

cotnob said...

A fabulous card, such a fun image and brilliant design.
Pauline
x

Snoopy said...

Fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Hope to see you again on the next challenge!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D​

designbydonna said...

Your little mouse is adorable. Great job coloring the images. Love your birthday banner.

Sue said...

Hi Cheryl, love your House Mouse card, and so will your newly 10 year old!! Beautiful colors and coloring. Love the star background paper and the banner too. The dots look great. Thanks for joining us for the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Taunya Butler said...

Wow - your Coloring and all those dots you added are just super amazing!! What a lucky 10 year old your sweet granddaughter is to be the recipient of such a stellarly fun card - I love it and I think you are Marvelous!! Please have a wonderful day and keep smiling and making beautiful things to show others you care!! Hugs!

Christine said...

Wow super cute B/day card am sure the recipient has enjoyed it oo...gorgeous colours so much fun..

Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse & Friends Mon. chall..

smiles Christine mousey DT xx