Wish List

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Pink and pretty Valentine...

I hope you all have had a great Groundhog's Day, with your local groundhog predicting only a few weeks for winter to last. In my part of the country, winter will go on for at least another six weeks. We even had a couple inches of snow today, which I shoveled off our walks and driveway in short order. Luckily, it was cold enough so that the snow remained light and fluffy.

I've been very busy making Valentines for my family members, so I thought I would share one of them with you today.
This was a very simple layout. I cut a piece of pink cardstock and embossed it with a Darice embossing folder.  If you look closely at the picture of this embossing pattern, you may be able to see the tiny hearts that are scattered in the design.

The center square is a stamped image that I stamped with Versamark and then embossed with white embossing powder. After embossing, I cut out the square and added a darker pink heart to the center. This darker heart had been punched from some pink glitter paper.

The scalloped border at the bottom is a sticker border that came on a sheet of embellishments that I received quite some time ago as part of a prize package. I simply cut it to size, stuck it down and then added a strip of pink glitter paper and some more hearts punched from that same glitter paper.

The inside is also pretty simple. The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn, and although you can't see it, I went over the letters with my glitter pen, so there is some sparkle there, too.

Another strip of the glitter paper and a final punched heart completed the inside of my card.

I'll be sharing more of my Valentine cards in the coming days. I'm feeling the pressure now to get them DONE and in the mail.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Very pretty. I like that impression folder. Your pink glitter paper adds just the right amount of sparkle.

Taunya Butler said...

Everything you did to this card, every bit of sparkle you added really paid off - cuz this card is FANTASTIC!!! Love that background and the glitter paper, and the scallop border with the hearts!! Holy Cow - this card is just a super big treat!!! Hope your day treats you good!!!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh love this and how "easy" yet awesome - might have to case this one.