Wish List

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving...

I want to wish everyone a happy, healthy and hearty Thanksgiving Day. We will be hosting the big Thanksgiving meal with a few family members and thinking about those who are not able to join us.

I also want to share a quick look at a final Thanksgiving card that I made and sent out earlier this month.

I embossed the main panel with a Darice embossing folder. I then inked the edges of the panel with some distress ink and used other inks to add some color to the raised image.



The rectangle for the sentiment (computer-generated) was cut with a Spellbinder's Romantic Rectangles die. I added a few autumn-colored sequins for a little bling and tied a casual bow on the side with some seam tape.










On the inside, I stamped some leaves after inking the stamp up with some orange ink and then rolling the edges of the stamp on a red ink pad. I think that technique works especially well for fall-colored leaves.














That's it for me today. I'm off to get the turkey in the oven.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Cheryl! Love all the distressed detail and beautiful foliage background! Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!