Wish List

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Mostly white sympathy card...

Sadly, I needed a sympathy card for a co-worker whose father-in-law had passed away. I always like to use "quiet" colors for my sympathy cards, so here is what I came up with for this one.

The pretty embossed cardstock was some that I got in a pack from Costco several years ago. I only have a couple of sheets left, so I tend to use it sparingly. It's wonderful, luxurious paper that looks beautiful on cards.

The butterfly was stamped and heat-embossed on white vellum, then cut out by hand.  I used a gray-blue cardstock for my mats and for the bottom layer of the butterfly.

The flourish is cut with a Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die. I tucked one end behind the rectangle and then adhered the rest to the front. Three small flat-backed pearls accent the sentiment.

I cut another flourish and added it to the inside, too.

I'm hoping to get a couple of other sympathy cards made to add to my own card supply. It's so much more difficult to make them on short notice.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, That is so beautiful. I know you friend will be comforted by your card.

Anonymous said...

Very nice card !
N.M.

Linda said...

Sympathy cards are very difficult to make. This turned out beautiful.