Wish List

Friday, August 16, 2013

Angry birds fly high...

Our grandson turned four years old on August 13. I cannot believe he is already F.O.U.R! It seems like just yesterday that he was a tiny baby.

Here's the card I made for him:

My daughter said he recognized this Angry Bird as soon as he saw it. I put the bird together by using various punches and hand cutting a few of the parts. The sun was cut with a an inverted scallop circle die by Spellbinders. I'm sure you guessed that the slingshot is the letter "Y" (cut with my Cricut) which was also embossed to give it a wood grain look. The rubber band is actually....a rubber band!

The one cut that may surprise you is the grass. It's actually made with the Martha Stewart Drippy Goo border punch. I simply used a scissors to "sharpen" up the drips of goo. I've always meant to pick up a grass border punch (I know Fiskars makes one) but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.


I couldn't resist using my "Fly  High" stamp again and also wishing my grandson a "Happy Bird-day." I sure hope he had a great day! He lives 500 miles away so I don't get to see him very often. I'm saving up my hugs for when I do see him again. Get ready, Ollie!









Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: