Wish List

Monday, June 3, 2013

Birthday card for a boy...

While I usually struggle with male-oriented cards, cards for boys can be pretty simple. What boy doesn't like sports balls? I used the All Sports cartridge to cut some ball images at 2.5" for the following card:
 I used the "Tiny Bubbles" embossing folder by Cuttlebug for the basketball and the "Swiss Dots" folder for the football. I moved the football image several times inside the embossing folder and kept running it through my Cuttlebug in order to get enough indentations in the "pigskin." Once I had enough, I just used an embossing tool to reinforce the dots that had been flattened by the extra runs through the Cuttlebug.

The red borders were made with a Fiskars border punch.
I kept the inside pretty simple. I just put the the borders on the ends, instead of the top and bottom, and added a Sizzix die cut with my sentiment on it. I used my computer to generate the sentiment and used a red pen to draw some faux stitch lines around the die-cut.

This card fits inside a business envelope and is approximately 3.75" X 9".

Hope you enjoyed my card today. Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

Patti J said...

Perfection! Boy cards are so difficult, but you nailed this one! Great job, Cheryl!

designbydonna said...

Great boy card, Love the creative way you did the balls. I need to do more with my Cricut. I think I will get some inspiration from your blog. I have become a follower and will bookmark your site.