Wish List

Friday, June 7, 2013

A final graduation card...

We got a graduation announcement in the mail a couple of weeks ago and I needed to whip together a card for the young man who just finished high school. I found a great free "subway art" graphic on eighteen25.blogspot.com. They have tons of interesting ideas on this blog, but you can find the graduation subway art here.

Here's the card I came up with - and it honestly took only minutes to make!
 
It's impossible to tell in this photo, but the card blank was a deep purple (his school colors were purple, white and black with a little silver). I embossed the white mat with a Darice "Star Border Frame" embossing folder. The subway art graphic is is on a black mat and popped up on dimensionals.
 
I cut the mortar board from the Create a Critter cartridge and added a tassel made from silver-colored embroidery thread. I also popped it up on a dimensional so that it could overlap the graphic just a bit.

I added another, smaller mortar board on the inside with my computer generated-sentiment.

This card was fun to put together - all because of the ease of printing out that subway art graphic.

THANK YOU EIGHTEEN25!






And thank you for stopping by today. Remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl




No comments: