Wish List

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving cards #6...

This will be the last Thanksgiving card I share with you--promise! I'm so ready to move on to Christmas cards.
This card was fun to try. I attempted to give my stamping a distressed look by not loading the stamp with too much ink and stamping off, if necessary. I also used the "rock and roll" method of inking a stamp and then rolling its edges in another color ink pad.

Rather than me telling you how to accomplish this look, I'd rather give credit to France Martin at www.frenchiestamps.com. She has a great video here that will teach you exactly what you need to do.

I think I made this technique a little trickier than it need be because I used so many different ink colors. I'm going to try it again using a single color and some different stamps and see how it goes.


Here's a peek at the inside. I just used one of the same stamps that I had used on the front, stamping off to give it a distressed look.


Thanks for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


No comments: