Wish List

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Sweet little Easter chick...

I've been busy making Easter cards and this is one of them. My "Happy Easter" is an old rubber stamp  that I took apart and now use in my stamp positioner. Not sure of the brand. I heat embossed it and then added some grass and a butterfly (both Fiskars punches) to my frame.


This cute little chick is a print and cut image from the Silhouette Design Store (Design ID #76267).  There are a number of these cute chicks to choose from, each one a little different, but all looking very sweet and Easter-y. I printed out eight of this one onto a piece of cardstock, and then the Silhouette cut them all out for me. I'm always amazed at how precisely it cuts.

I added some Wink of Stella to the pink stripes on the egg and some Glossy Accents to his eyes.






On the inside of my card I stamped an Easter sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly and added another punched butterfly and a matted strip of my DSP.

We had a beautiful day here today. I finally uncovered my rose bush. It looks a little worse for wear, but I'm hoping it will come back once the ground warms up. The lilac bush is budding and will be in bloom before long. We have a little table underneath it where we can sit and enjoy its lovely fragrance.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


4 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Awe, super cute card Cheryl! Love the sweet little chick's rosy cheeks! Hope you have a great weekend!

Glittered Paws said...

I knew as soon as I saw it you had used your silhouette for your darling little ducky. And how smart to salvage your rubber stamp and make your sentiment. I have only 3 Easter cards complete - got to get on the ball here soon, MoJo was missing last week. It is warmer here as wel and I just "woke"my roses up and trimmed them back, and they are so happy now.

designbydonna said...

Cute, sweet, Easter card. The little chick is adorable. I love how the silhouette cuts them out, great time saver.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Aaaw how adorable is he? I don't know how I managed to miss this one before? Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic