Wish List

Friday, April 28, 2017

Tea cup cards...

Each year I send my aunts a Mother's Day card. I have three aunts, and had only one Mother's Day card in my stash, so I needed to make two more. I decided on a simple design (ID #47201) from the Silhouette Design Store. I thought this card would be cute with a real tea bag tucked inside for them to enjoy.

I pretty much let the DSP and the card design do the work for me. I simply added a sentiment and a flower cut with some dies (possibly Impression Obsession, but I'm not sure).


The design included a faux tea bag/tag on the inside of the card, which I've allowed to hang free. I plan to write a little note on the card beneath it.

I stamped the little scalloped border on the tag to maybe suggest some tea in the cup. I really should have stamped this border in brown.



I also made envelopes for these cards, as they turned out to be a little different in size from the usual card.

Here you can see how I often make envelopes from DSP that I probably won't use for any other purpose. I've got a couple of big stacks of assorted patterns/colors, and it's the perfect weight for envelopes.  And I like that the inside of the envelope is a pretty surprise.









Here's a final look at both teacup cards--for two beautiful ladies in my life.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

These teacups are just adorable. Your aunts will love them so much.

Lynne in NI said...

These are fab Cheryl! Sure to make your aunts smile x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Oh, how adorable are those Cheryl!! LOVE the decorated envelope too! Such a fun, sweet design! Have a wonderful Sunday! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how sweet - and how thoughtful to send them to your aunts. A teabag tucked inside is perfect.