Wish List

Monday, July 20, 2026

Using more elegant paper...

If you read my blog regularly, you may remember the elegant paper I used on a couple of fan fold cards in this post. It was the red, black and gold design on a neutral background. It was still laying on my work desk, so I decided to make a few more cards with it.

These cards are all very simple layouts. I decided to let the paper be the star of the show.

The sentiment on this first card was a rub-on.


The only stamping I did was on the inside. 








The sentiment on the second card was stamped, die-cut, matted, and popped up with dimensionals.


And, of course, I stamped another sentiment on the inside.









I used another rub-on sentiment on this card and added a sheer ribbon, tied in a double bow.


A stamped sentiment on the inside finished the card.

These pretty papers had a linen-like texture to them, so it was hard to cut them up. I felt like maybe I should be sewing drapes with them instead of making cards.

These cards have all been donated, so I hope whoever buys them at the thrift store enjoys the rich patterned papers as much as I do.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


3 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are all beautiful. The paper is so elegant, it is really the star of the show. I'm sure these will sell fast. Summer is wedding time.

Lynette said...

Those are elegant, beautiful papers, Cheryl, and your cards are wonderful!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card! Looks like a very expensive piece of fabric!!! Well done!