I started with a pink A2 cardbase where the front was 1" shorter in width than the back. I used a border punch to create the open scallop edge on the front.
Then I covered the front with a floral scene DSP, leaving the pretty scalloped edge peeking out. It was easy to add adhesive and then just place my 6" X 6" piece of DSP on the card front and cut off any extra that hung over the edges.
The little butterflies are actually stickers that I had in my stash. The sentiment was stamped with purple ink directly onto the DSP.
There was enough of the DSP left to add a 1 1/4" wide piece on the right side of the inside and to make a coordinating bookmark. I used a die (it's actually for making long tags) to cut out the bookmark. I stamped a sentiment on it and then I used a self-laminating sheet to laminate it, fussy-cutting the excess from around the edges. I used a hole punch to punch through the laminating sheet at the top and then added some twine.
The inside sentiment was stamped with purple ink on a white panel to finish the card.
It's fun to add a little something extra, like this bookmark, to the cards I donate to the thrift store. I'm pretty sure the customers appreciate it!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
1 comment:
This is a pretty and cheerful card. I like the scalloped edge. Great idea to add a coordinating bookmark. I did bookmark cards for my Bible study group last Christmas.
Post a Comment