Wish List

Friday, March 12, 2021

Corner pocket die...

 I received a pretty corner pocket die--the Flower Frame Corner Die-- from the In Love Art Shop. I thought my first try at using it would be to simply decorate a couple of the corners on a card front. 

[When shopping at  In Love Art Shop, don't forget to use discount code G-37356.]

For this card, I simply applied the die-cut corners to my card front as shown. I added a die-cut sentiment and a few pearls, and called it done!

The design of this die is really elegant, don't you think?

I can see using it on cards for almost every occasion.




For this card, I used the pocket die to create an actual pocket. I decorated a piece of cardstock with a pretty die-cut flower, a stamped sentiment and some gems. My thought was that a personal message could be written on the back of this panel or a gift card could be adhered to it with some double-sided tape.


This card could be made using a single piece of cardstock as your base and the insert as the message-bearing panel, or you could adhere the pocketed panel to a regular card base as I have done.







This is how I treated the inside of my card base--with a stamped sentiment and a strip of the same DSP that had been used on the front of my card.

I donated this card to the thrift shop and it sold right away, so someone liked it!








I'm hoping to find some more innovative ways to use this die, and I'll share them here on the blog when I do. 

Next week I will receive my second COVID vaccine shot. I'm anxious to have the process completed and to feel safer when out in public. I'm also looking forward to some family gatherings and maybe even going to see a movie again. How I've missed our regular Friday night movies!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


4 comments:

designbydonna said...

That is a very pretty corner die. An easy way to really dress up a card front. Love that idea of making a pocket on the front. I have some corner dies but forget to use them. You've inspired me to look for them and try a card.

Lynette said...

So pretty, Cheryl - what a great die! Both of your cards are awesome. I get my second shot on Thursday. Hey - we could get together in a few weeks! :)

Lynne in NI said...

What a pretty die, great idea to use them as a pocket!
Delighted to hear you're for your 2nd jab now, Greg has had his first but still no word on mine yet though I reckon it won't be too long now till they get to the 50+ band. The sooner the better!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh what a pretty corner die - I "think" I might have a corner die in my collection, and I love the idea. OK - putting this one on my case list. We got our 2nd vaccine 10 days ago - had a slight headache but no other problems. Feels good to be a bit more protected. In fact having lunch with a friend at Appleby's today - first time in a LONG time.