Wish List

Friday, February 19, 2021

There's a new challenge on the Twofer Card Challenge blog...

 

I love a challenge that gets me to think about using my supplies in new ways, and that's just what the Twofer Card Challenge does.

This month's theme reminded me of an old balloon punch that I bought at a thrift store. I've used it many, many times, but always as it was intended--for punching out balloons. I tried to think of a new way I could use the punched image, and here is what I came up with.

The card on the right uses the balloons in the usual way--as balloons. But see those eggs on the left-hand card? Those are balloons, too!


Here you can see how I've tied three balloons to my pick-up truck's bumper, which has been popped up with foam squares. The balloon strings are lengths of black thread that have been wrapped around the neck of each balloon and secured on the back with a little double-sided adhesive. 

The green balloon has been popped up on foam squares for a little dimension. I also added some vellum to my truck's back window and some Glossy Accents to the tail and brake lights.

My letters were die-cut using a small alpha die set. They're a little fussy to glue down, but I think I've managed it without making a mess.





The inside of this card features some smaller balloons that were cut out with a little die that I happen to have. These strings were simple drawn on with a black pen, and the sentiment was stamped.









Now let's take a look at those eggs. I punched out three  balloons and then carefully used a scissors to cut off the neck and lip of each balloon. Voila! They became eggs.

I nestled them onto this wreath from In Love Art Shop and added a little die-cut greenery. I also dotted my wreath with some Nuvo Drops in pastel colors.

Side note: you can use discount code  G-37356 if you wish to purchase the wreath die, which is available here.

I stamped my sentiment onto a banner and popped it up on foam squares.


On the inside of my Easter card, I have used an old stamp and matted my panel with the same DSP as was used on the front.

I had fun thinking about some different ways to use my balloon punch. When making your Easter cards, if you don't have the right size egg die or punch, look at your balloon dies and punches. You may find you can use one of them.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

8 comments:

Lynette said...

So clever, Cheryl! I love both of your cards!!

designbydonna said...

What a great idea to use a balloon punch for eggs. I have been looking for something like that. The oval dies just aren't the right shape. Love the truck and the sentiment. I am going to remember that. This card would be perfect for my husband as he drives a 15 year old blue truck. LOL! Love that spring wreath. I know we are eager for some warmer weather It is hard to imagine that Easter is just 6 weeks away.

Darnell said...

I love your two designs, Cheryl! Your birthday card is so fun with the old pickup threaded with happy balloons tied to the glossified bumper! Great vellum window and pp road and background, too. And then you put on your Extra Clever thinking cap and turned your balloon into an Easter egg! I love the design, polka dot background and colors of your Easter card and how you nestled your bal, er, eggs into the pretty wreath! Thank you so much for playing in TCC #35! I hope things are warming up for you! Hugs, Darnell

Jeanne H said...

Excellent creations. Made me smile.

Bonnie said...

What fun to have this balloon bouquet tied to the back of a truck, Cheryl! So creative and fun! And using the balloons as Easter eggs is a brilliant idea! They make a fantastic Easter wreath! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

Patti J said...

You are so clever! These are perfect, dear friend! Thanks for the inspiration...I think I have some balloon dies! Hugs...

Anita in France said...

That colourful balloon cluster tied to the truck bumper is so fun and festive, Cheryl ... and what a great sentiment inside to go with the birthday scene you created! Such clever use of the balloons as Easter eggs ... their pastel colours are just lovely ... and they're so pretty nestled into that delicate wreathy frame! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Glittered Paws said...

Oh wow - how creative you are girl. Love the balloons on the back of the truck - and then Easter eggs from balloons punch- out of the box. Love both cards.
PS got happy mail on Tuesday - thank you thank you bunches - I will post a card I make with the goodies.