Wish List

Friday, July 17, 2020

Happy birthday to a special daughter...


I made four cards--three for my daughters and one for my stepdaughter. They all have summer birthdays, so I thought I would get them all done at one time.


This was a project that took me a few days, as these cards were a little more complicated to make than the usual side-fold or top-fold ones. They are called double concertina cards.

I began by picking out some pretty papers for each card. I needed some plain CS for my base and three coordinating patterned papers per card. Sometimes it takes me forever to pick out papers, and this was one of those times. Finding three patterns that coordinated was the hard part. My considerable stash of Stampin' Up paper came to the rescue!



This is what the cards look like when opened. I varied the type of flower I used, and the papers, of course, but they were otherwise the same.


I found several links to tutorials on Pinterest and Youtube, but I changed the dimensions to make a 4 1/2" X 6" card to fit the 1,000 envelopes I still have in that size.

Click here for a good tutorial on how to make a "5 X 7" version.








The centers of my flowers on this card are some glittery enamel dots from Dollar Tree. I love when I can find some nice embellishments for just a dollar!











Now I'll give you a little closer look at the other three cards.






I hope you enjoyed my double concertina cards and didn't get too bored with so many photos. It was fun to think about each daughter as I made her specific card. They all have so many talents and wonderful attributes that I pale in comparison.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

What a delightful surprise when you open these cards. They are beautiful and I know your daughters will be pleased with them. I'm sure you had a lot to do with the having those talents and attributes.

Lynette said...

Wow, Cheryl - those are really, really cool!! I can see why they would have taken you a while to get them all done. So very special for each daughter/daughter-in-law. Beautiful.

Jeanne H said...

Wonderful cards and for giving me ideas. Thank you!

Glittered Paws said...

These cards are beautiful - and what a great idea to make same style but different patterns. I would love to try that style card - so will go check out the instructions. Folds are my favorite. Each daughter is going to love her card.