Wish List

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Greatest hits birthday...

You know those masculine cards most of us find difficult to make? Well I got this "Greatest Hits" stamp and die set specifically to make some masculine cards. Here's one of the cards I came up with:


I made the album cover myself (it wasn't part of the die set), inked around its edges and stamped it with the "Greatest Hits" sentiment from the stamp set.  The semi-circle divot at the top of the album cover was done with a small circle punch.

I used the volume equalizer stamp from the set to create a background behind my album.


My LPs were die-cut from some heavy, glossy cardstock. I love how they turned out. The little centers are stamped and cut out separately and then glued to the record.

To finish off the front of my card, I stamped a few scattered notes.





On the inside I stamped one of the greetings included in the stamp set and a few more notes on a stamp-edge rectangle.

This card was really fun to make and reminds me of the days we all played LPs and 45s on our record players.

When I was 12 or 13, I saved some babysitting money to buy a 45 record which had Elvis' hit song "Return to Sender" on its A side. I honestly don't remember what was on the B side. I took my prized record up to city hall one night where they let us roller skate to music from a record player. Everyone brought their personal records to play. At the end of the evening I went to pick up my Elvis record and IT WAS GONE! Someone else had really liked it, too, I guess, and had decided to take it home with them before I had a chance to pick it up. I never saw that record again, but I still know the words to that song.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl




7 comments:

Lynette said...

What a cool card, Cheryl! Oh, I bet that was so very, very disappointing for you! Bummer. Funny how some things we just can't forget.

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, this one is surely a "hit". I remember the records and sleeves from many years ago. This will be a great guy card. Is this an actual stamp set or silhouette stamp set?

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That is a really, really cute card! I love that stamp set and the sleeve you created for it is perfect! I remember saving my allowance and would buy 45's for $1.00!!! Can you imagine? Guess I just dated myself. :) So sorry someone decided to take your Elvis record. Hopefully it was by mistake and they just didn't know who to return it to?

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Cheryl I do adore this card, so retro in design those glossy circles work perfectly. I am of the era to remember the wonders of vinyl and so glad to see they are making their way back (like all things good!!) I used to spend many a Saturday afternoon flicking through the artwork of the covers in my local record shop... Happy Days!
Thank you for popping on over today and your kind words regarding my journal page. You are welcome to visit when ever you have a moment spare, I know how busy life can be.. Take care & stay creative Tracey x

Glittered Paws said...

Oh WOW - what an awesome card -so realistic looking with the records and the record cover. I almost cried when you didn't get your record back - I was such an Elvis fan, and my favorite was Can't Help Falling in Love. And oh how I remember going to the roller rink. Days gone by.

Lynne in NI said...

What a fab card, you really do have the most amazing die collection!
I sure you were so upset that someone took your record!
I remember my Canadian cousins visiting when I was a kid, I was so envious of their beautiful white roller boots! Mine were the old one-size-fits-all with the butterfly screw in the centre - did you have them?
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/111253053264786141/

Patti J said...

So stinkin’ cute! Love this stamp and die set! Thanks for sharing!