Wish List

Friday, December 13, 2019

Using tags on cardfronts...

Continuing from my last post, here are the cards I made using the six tags that were included on the sheet from my paper pad:


To start, I fussy-cut the tags and then embellished them.


For this first card, I added some flat-backed rhinestones to each tag, plus a little die-cut bow with a rhinestone at the knot. I also die-cut the word "Joy" (Tim Holtz-Sizzix) from some red foil after backing the foil with double-sided sheet adhesive.







Here's a little closer look at those tags. This picture also shows that I have popped them both up on foam tape.












I used just one tag on this card to which I  had added a twine bow, a sparkle enamel dot to the design center and a die-cut "Joy" (Marianne Creatables, I think).

To finish off my card, I added a strip of the red foil and a sprig of silver holly.













I had gotten some tiny metal tags from the thrift store. Some of them had Christmas-appropriate words on them, so I added one to each of the cards on which I'd used a twine bow.














The tags on this card have some added rhinestones, snowflakes, metal tags and twine.

I also heat-embossed "merriest WISHES," but I was very disappointed at how yellow it looked after heating. I think I must have grabbed the wrong embossing powder. I usually use Wow! white EP, and I don't think it has ever looked yellow like this.





For my final card, I added a few snowflakes to the tag, along with some Nuvo Drops dots. Too much?

This time I also switched up the strip across the bottom, cutting it from glitter CS, rather than foil. Once again, I added a sprig of silver holly.













The insides of my cards were simply done with just a mat and a stamped sentiment.

I'm not even sure where this sentiment came from. It was in my Christmas card parts, so I decided to use it.









Today I am going to work on finishing up my gift-wrapping so I can move onto getting my cards in the mail and my baking done. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are all really pretty. Great use of pre-printed tags. They look so much better with all you added details. Makes for quick cards when that much is done for you.

Darnell said...

Just brilliant, Cheryl! I love every one as a tag and then you elevated them even more with your card designs! Love the gray, white, and red color scheme and all the awesome bows and bling, too!! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Lynette said...

I love them, Cheryl. So nicely done!

Glittered Paws said...

How great - why didn't I think of that. LOL Cards are in the mail, presents not wrapped, projects NOT finished "yet". And no baking done so far. I don't have much to do right???