Wish List

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Fun fold Easter card...


This card was another one made for the thrift store and was a bit of an experiment for me. I saw the design online (not sure where) and thought it would be a great way to use some coordinating papers and stickers.


The flower and leaves are stickers. As you can see in the photograph, I have liberally "winked" the flower and added some Nuvo drops to the center.

The sentiment is from My Sentiments Exactly (I'm pretty sure, anyway).

The rhinestones were added for a little more sparkle.




In this photo you can see how the card is constructed. It's basically a card within a card. Since I added a matted sentiment to the left side of the inner card, I thought the right side could be used for writing a personal note and signing.

Here's a final peek at the inside of the card. I hadn't intended on adding the little round sticker, but a little smudge of glue there made me do it! I decided it adds an ok bit of color, so it was a happy accident.

I'm happy to say this card sold very quickly at the thrift store. I guess I need to make a few more of them.

Our snow has finally disappeared from the front yard (but not the back). It should all be gone by Sunday, though, as we are to get temps in the 60s tomorrow. I can't wait!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

debby4000 said...

Love your fun fold Easter card.
luv
Debby

designbydonna said...

Great use of combo of paper patterns. I love this fun style of card. Nice to break up our routines of A2 cards. My cards frequently get embellishments to cover up smudges. Isn't that what they are for?

Glittered Paws said...

Such a pretty fun fold Easter Card - my favorite thing to do is fancy folds - and it has been a while since I have made one of these. Love the sentiment inside.

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful!!!

Lynne in NI said...

Such a bright happy card, and a perfect design to show off your lovely papers :)