Wish List

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #144: From the Heart...


Since it's February and Valentine's Day is soon upon us, the challenge theme of "From the Heart" at Let's Craft and Create is the perfect one to help us all get those Valentines made. Be sure to click on the link and look at all the inspiring creations from the Design Team.

For my part, I decided to make a "wiper card" Valentine. There are lots of video tutorials on YouTube, Splitcoaststampers and other sites if you do a little search, but I followed the tutorial from Jess at Simon Says Stamp.


It's a simple card. My cute cat is an unbranded die which I have dolled up a bit. I've given her a rhinestone collar and some gray flocking on her chest. My sentiment was computer-generated.


I've popped my cat up a bit with some foam tape, as well as the punched heart on the sentiment label.











In the photo above you can see the "wiper" in action. I've also made a little video (below) so you can see how it works. I haven't done a video in a very long time, so I hope it works!


I put a Valentine greeting on the back, and there's still plenty of room for a personal note and signature.

I had a good time making three of these wiper cards, but I feel I'll have to send a little instruction sheet with the card, letting the recipient know how they work. Otherwise my grandchildren may struggle to figure it out. Here are the instructions I plan to include:

Grasp the front of the card on the right side and the back of the card on the left side. Gently pull in opposite directions to see the "wiper" hidden inside. Push the sides back together to return the "wiper" to its original position.

Now I hope you'll take some time to visit Let's Craft and Create and join in the fun of this month's challenge. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl



5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Your cat is so cute. I love the idea of the surprise "wiper" hearts. I couldn't get your video to play but I will check out the one from Jess. I think this is something the kids will like.

Glittered Paws said...

Love wiper cards although the last one I made was a struggle. The kitty is so darn cute and love the flocking on his chest. Cute card and good idea including the instructions with the card.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh that's so cool Cheryl, well done you! Love the kitty and the pop up hearts are a lovely surprise. Hope its warmed up for you, we've had a stormy couple of days but its bright and dry just now so we're off to the park with Rubydoo. Have a great weekend x

debby4000 said...

Adorable and clever cat card
Luv
Debby

Lynette said...

So, so cute and very cool! Your video was great - thanks for including it!