Wish List

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Creepy jar of spiders...


How would you like to come across a jar full of big, black spiders? I thought the idea was creepy (but fun) enough for a couple of Halloween cards.


The jar is a Sizzix die that I've had for ages and not used nearly enough. I cut the jars from vellum because of its translucent quality. I found the best way to adhere the vellum to my card front was to use some 1/8" double-sided tape along the edges. You can see it a tiny bit, but it's not too bad.


The spiders were cut with an unbranded die, and the "Eek" was made with some old Cuttlebug letter dies. The trims I used on each card were left over from last year. I think I got them in the after-Halloween sales.


I used my computer to print the inside sentiment (Chiller font). I thought it was perfect for my jar of spiders.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Love it! Creepy but still cute. Actually, I am having a spider problem at home. They always seem to come inside when fall starts. I getting my spray out and taking care of them today. I love the inside sentiment. I should make this for my granddaughter. She really shrieks when she sees any kind of bug.

Lynette said...

These are so cute and clever, and I like your sentiment, too!

Lynne in NI said...

Eeek is right, spiders give me the heebiejeebies!
I hope youre tucked away in a good sheltered spot out of Michael's way. Stay safe x

Glittered Paws said...

Love it - the jar is very real looking with the vellum and oh the spiders. I have a couple of friends that absolutely HATE spiders and would not appreciate this but oh what a fun card.